Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tengo Ganas

I am sitting in my room as I write this blog, and the second greatest event is happening outside my window right now... There is a Salsa orchestra practicing in the plaza. And the greatest event you ask? I AM GOING TO THE CONCERT TONIGHT!!! GAHHH, I feel like I've told the entire nation. Mind you, I just have to sit in my room and listen to the concert, but I was given ticket and I actually get to go SEE them! AND dance in the plaza AND it's all in my front yard!! WOW, talk about good location for a home when awesome things like this happen.

Anyways, that is one of the great things happening in my life right now. Let me fill you in on some others that have brought joy to my heart.

As you know, I went to Orientation a couple of weeks ago and returned with a new community. They arrived with open minds, a willingness to dive into something new, and a heart to love and support. The experience has been very good and I am looking forward to this year together with them. They have sparked something within me to keep myself rooted in the values of JVC. I really hope to continue to learn, experience new perspectives and get excited about things that I didn't know I would get excited about. And I feel like I am in a very good place spiritually, which has really helped me be a better community member. Please continue to keep us all in prayer.

School has started for the youth and that means so does the next year for Youth Ministry! I have been reading and researching in order to develop my understanding and foundation for the classes I'll be teaching and whatever this year brings for Youth Group. After lots of prayer, I feel ready and hopeful to begin this year with the youth. My desire is to continue to walk with them, support them and love them - all the while deepening their relationship with God and understanding who God is in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment