Saturday, August 7, 2010

ya me voy

Hey all! Thank you for visiting my blog :)

I hope to use this space as an opportunity to share with you my experiences, reflections and thoughts throughout my year as a Jesuit Volunteer. It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting on my bed with filled boxes around the room and it's incredible to think that it's already time to go! This summer has been quite the journey already as God granted me beautiful opportunities to prepare my heart for this upcoming year. Through time spent in personal reflections, prayer, sharing my excitment, fears, anxieties and hopes with friends and family, and being with the wonderful middle schoolers at La Jolla Presbyterian, I began to find a deep sense of joy and peace with this upcoming transition. And boy, let me tell you, it feels real good :)

As I count down the days, I get more excited to start living and working within the community of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church. I am looking forward to creating relationships with the parish community and fellow volunteers, having fun with the youth (middle and high school!), pursuing social justice, strengthening my faith, living in the present moment and loving with all I have.

I am going to be living with six other ladies in Casa Guadalupe, and one of them is my close friend Kelsey who went to school with me at USD!

If you would like to stay in touch with me throughout the year, email is the best way to contact me. I will also have my phone, but it will be used less often. Also, I posted my house address if you ever want to send something (or check it out on google maps!).

Before I sign off, I want to thank all of you for being such a supportive, encouraging and loving presence in my life. Through you; my friends, university ministers & IV staff, professors, LJPC, and my incredible family, I find joy, strength, inspiration and God's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment